Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kent Cornucopia Days

Last Friday, I went to Kent Cornucopia Days with good friend Jocelyn Chang. This was just a big festival with hundreds of booths. It was hot and crowded, and was tons of fun.
We walked around to all the different booths. There were some really cute things, such as the cutest aprons I've ever seen and some cute purses made out of seat-belts, but everything at a fair is really expensive.
My favorite thing about the festival was all the free stuff.
Jocelyn and I were walking around when we saw a big charter bus and a lady told us to go on the bus. We did, and there ended up being a nice couch and spa type thing. We got a free handbag with sample facial stuff, and then we got a free hand wax and hand massage. This picture was taken right after we dipped our hands in wax. They put these white gloves on our hands and then they peeled it off. The lady working there gave a really nice hand massage too!
There was another booth where you put on lipstick and then kissed a card. I failed the first time I kissed the paper. The lady working there said it was the first time someone had to kiss two papers, because the first time I kissed, it didn't work. I ended up being "so you-nique". How exciting. They didn't have anything to wipe the lipstick off with, so I almost walked around with bright pink/red lipstick for the rest of the day! Luckily, we found a hot dog stand and stole some napkins...
Try your kissology!




I've always wanted my caricature drawn, so I convinced Jocelyn to do it with me. I knew that we would look like every other girl he'd ever drawn, especially when the girl before us, who was wearing a ponytail, was drawn with long, pretty hair. I didn't regret it though, and I love my caricature.

Do we look realistic?



There were these really pretty fountains that we both wanted. We ended up getting the smallest ones, but there were huge ones where there was a wine glass on its side and the water came out of the nick. They were all really beautiful. I wasn't sure I wanted to spend my last money on one, and so Jocelyn bought me one for my birthday! It was extremely sweet of her. I love this fountain. I hope you can sort of see it in this picture.



So I finally updated my blog! Hurrah! Enjoy my silly adventures!

1 comment:

CK Morgan said...

mom didn't you teach chrissy anything? She got on a bus because a strange lady told her she should? That sounded like fun chrissy.